Thursday 26 January 1928
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Roger Vadim and Philip Jose Farmer.
The Last Command, directed by Josef von Sternberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
while Swan Song by John Galsworth was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 January 1928!
Which were the important events of 26 January 1928 ?
- Roman Empire - third day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra.
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Timothy and Titus
- Saint Paula
- Saint Alberic
- Margaret of Hungary
- International Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Uganda - Liberation Day.
- India - Republic Day - One of only three state holidays in India, celebrated with pomp and a military parade in New Delhi.
- International Customs Day.
- Australia - Australia Day.
- Roger Vadim: French director who began directing in 1961 and has worked in TV, ballet and films.
- Philip Jose Farmer: Indiana, United States -- Science fiction Novelist (Riverworld).
- Gene Snyder American politician (Representative-Republican-Kentucky: 1963-65, 1967-).
- Eartha Kitt: American singer and actress who rose from grinding, abject poverty; an illegitimate child of a half-black, half-American Indian woman and a white father whose identity she never learned.
- The volcanic island Anak Krakatau appears.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?