Tuesday 26 January 1926
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Julien Lauprêtre and Jose Maria Valverde.
Saturday Afternoon, directed by Harry Edwards, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 January 1926
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 January 1926!
Which were the important events of 26 January 1926 ?
- Roman Empire - third day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra.
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Timothy and Titus
- Saint Paula
- Saint Alberic
- Margaret of Hungary
- International Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Uganda - Liberation Day.
- India - Republic Day - One of only three state holidays in India, celebrated with pomp and a military parade in New Delhi.
- International Customs Day.
- Australia - Australia Day.
- Julien Lauprêtre: French president of the 'Secours populaire français' since 1958.
- Jose Maria Valverde: Philosopher poet / translator.
- Ronnie Hilton: Singer (Moonraker).
- Charles Tidbury: Former Chairman (Whitbread & Company).
- Farman Fatehpuri: Pakistani linguist and scholar (d. 2013).
- John Flannagan: American soldier and sculptor (d. 1942).
- Television first demonstrated (John L Baird, London England).
- John Logie Baird demonstrates a mechanical television system.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1926 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- You Forgot to Remember - Henry Burr
- Keep Your Skirts Down, Mary Ann - Billy Murray & Aileen Stanley
- Who? - George Olsen & His Orchestra
- Cecilia - Whispering Jack Smith