Sunday 26 June 1994
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ollie McKendrick-Ness and Hollie Arnold.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to I Swear by All-4-One.
In UK Love Is All Around by Wet Wet Wet was in the top 5 hits.
Baby's Day Out, directed by Patrick Read Johnson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1994
while D-Day, June 6, 1944 by Stephen E. Ambrose was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Roughnecks.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing AEGIS: Guardian of the Fleet or Dark Sun: Wake of the Ravager.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 June 1994!
Which were the important events of 26 June 1994 ?
- Saints John and Paul
- The United Nations' Day in Support of Victims of Torture.
- Flag Day in Romania
- Sunthorn Phu Day in Thailand
- Independence Day in Madagascar
- Saint Josemarfa Escriv� (d. 1975)
- Ollie McKendrick-Ness: Vine Star.
- Hollie Arnold: English javelin thrower.
- Leonard Carow: German actor.
- A "Bob" den Doolaard: Author (Inn with the horseshoe), dies at 93.
- Ian Board: Barkeeper, dies at 64.
- Jaharna Imam: Bangladeshi writer / political activist, dies at 65.
- Roelof Kiers: VPRO-programmer / director (Macchiavelli), dies at 56.
- Thomas henry Wait Armstrong: Organist, dies at 96.
- Jahanara Imam: Bangladeshi writer and activist (Born 1929)
- PLO-leader Yasser Arafat returns to Gaza after 27 years
- US loses to Romania 1-0 in 1994 soccer world cup
- Broken Glass closes at Booth Theater NYC after 73 performances
- Medea closes at Longacre Theater NYC after 82 performances
- Actor Brandon Cruz (32) weds Elizabeth Finkelstein (26)
- Donna Andrews wins ShopRite LPGA Golf Classic
- Philip N. Diehl begins term as US Mint Director.
- Microsoft announces it will no longer sell or support the MS-DOS operating system, which had been its mainstay since 1980.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1994 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?