Saturday 30 December 1922
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jane Langton and Boes Boestami.
Lederstrumpf, directed by Arthur Wellin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 December 1922!
Which were the important events of 30 December 1922 ?
- The sixth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Pope Felix I (optional memorial)
- Philippines - Rizal Day
- Jane Langton: American author and illustrator.
- Boes Boestami: Indonesian actor and journalist (d. 1970).
- Soviet Union organized as a federation of RSFSR, Ukrainian SSR, Belorussian SSR and Transcaucasian SSR
- The year ends with hyperinflation showing no sign of slowing down in Germany, with 7,000 marks now needed to buy a single American dollar.
- Earl W. Bascom, rodeo cowboy and artist, designs and makes rodeo's first hornless bronc saddle at Lethbridge, Alberta Canada.
- Inter-Parliamentary Union
- ''Vegemite'' is invented by Australian Fred Walker.
- ''Kurd Istigdul Djemijetin'', the Kurdish Independence Committee, is founded.
- The Molly Pitcher Club is formed to promote the repeal of prohibition in the United States.
- Thompson Webb founds the Webb School for Boys.
- The Barbary Lion becomes extinct in the wild, with the last killed in Morocco, in the area of the Zelan and Beni Mguild Forests.
- The Amur Tiger becomes extinct in South Korea.
- The California grizzly bear becomes extinct.
- Japan signs a naval arms limitation treaty with the Western powers and returns some of its control over the Shandong Peninsula to China.
- Wracked by rapid inflation and political assassinations and motivated by hostility and arrogance as well, the Weimar Republic announces its inability to pay more and proposes a moratorium on reparations for 3 years.
- Bronisław Malinowski's influential ethnological text ''Argonauts of the Western Pacific'' is published.
- Following the annexation of former German colonies after the First World War, the British Empire reaches its height and largest extent, covering a quarter of the world and ruling over one in four humans.
- Sometime in October the Russian Civil War ends with the colonies remaining part of Russia.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 30 December 1922
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?