Monday 26 March 2007US date format: 3/26/2007, UK date format: 26/3/2007
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on March 26, 2007). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Prince Moritz of Hesse .
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Glamorous by Fergie.
In UK Give It To Me by Timbaland featuring Nelly Furtado was in the top 5 hits.
Disturbia, directed by D.J. Caruso, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Marley & Me by John Grogan was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Blood Ties.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bob the Builder: Festival of Fun or Brian Lara 2007 Pressure Play.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 March 2007
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 March 2007!
Which were the important events of 26 March 2007 ?
- Saint Emmanuel (died 304)
- Saint Ludger
- Saint Larissa
- Prince Kuhio Day in Hawaii
- Zoroastrianism - Prophet Zoroaster's Birthday.
- Prince Moritz of Hesse: son of Donatus, Hereditary Prince of Hesse.
- President of Chile Michelle Bachelet sacks several ministers including the Minister for National Defence Vivianne Blanlot Soza and the Minister for Justice Isidro Solís Palma for perceived poor performance as well as her Chief of Staff. The Minister for Transport Sergio Espejo Yaksic is sacked for problems with Santiago's new transport system Transantiago. (BBC)
- A Guatemalan prison riot results in the death of three prisoners. Carlos Vielman, the Interior Minister, resigns over police involvement in the killing of three politicians from El Salvador last month. (Washington Post)
- Quebec general election: The governing Quebec Liberal Party wins a minority government, with the conservative Action démocratique du Québec a strong second and the separatist Parti Québécois third. (CBC)
- Nine United States Army officers including four generals could face disciplinary proceedings as a result of mistakes made in the aftermath of the friendly-fire death of Pat Tillman. (San Francisco Chronicle)
- India's DRDO successfully test fires a new version of the Astra air-to-air missile. (Washington Times)
- Scientists discover how fossilized dung-eating mites can provide vital information on the rise and fall of the Inca civilization in South America. (The Times)
- Alan Johnston, a BBC News journalist, begins his third week in captivity, making him the longest-held foreign hostage since kidnappings began in Gaza. Reporters Without Borders urges the Arab League to make an appeal for his release at an upcoming summit. (RSF)
- Prime Minister of Japan Shinzo Abe apologizes for Japan's use of women as sex slaves in frontline brothels during World War II. (AP via the Daily Comet)
- French presidential election: Nicolas Sarkozy resigns as Interior Minister to concentrate on his presidential candidacy. (BBC)
- Egyptians go to the polls to vote on 34 amendments to the constitution of Egypt which the government claims will help combat terrorism. Opposition groups are boycotting the referendum claiming that they will erode civil liberties. The amendments achieved approval with 76% of the vote but with only a 27% turnout. (BBC)
- Health officials meet in Jakarta to resolve a dispute between Indonesia and the World Health Organisation about access to H5N1 vaccines. (AP via IHT)
- The military commission process begins for detainees accused by the United States of war crimes, with the first person to face trial being Australian David Hicks. Hicks pleads guilty to providing material support for terrorists. (ABC News Australia)
- A 5.3 magnitude aftershock hits the Noto Peninsula of Honshū, 300 km northwest of Tokyo, a day after a 6.9 magnitude earthquake hits the same area. (AFP via News Limited)
- Sri Lankan Civil War: The Sri Lanka Army claims that an airbase adjacent to Bandaranaike International Airport was subjected to air attack by the Tamil Tigers, making it the first air attack launched by the Tigers. (The Australian)
- Northern Ireland Peace Process: Members of the Democratic Unionist Party, led by Ian Paisley, and Sinn Féin, led by Gerry Adams, meet face-to face for the first time, and agree a timetable for implementing the St. Andrews Agreement. (BBC)
- The Supreme Council of Kyrgyzstan votes against allowing polygamy, maintaining the two-year imprisonment punishment for offenders. (RFE/RL)
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in March 2007?
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Fergie - Glamorous
- Mims - This Is Why I'm Hot
- Akon - Don't Matter
- Cupid's Chokehold/Breakfast In America - Gym Class Heroes
- Gwen Stefani - The Sweet Escape
- Rich Boy - Throw Some D's
- Daughtry - It's Not Over
- Avril Lavigne - Girlfriend
- Justin Timberlake - What Goes Around…Comes Around
- Fall Out Boy - This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arms Race
Top #10 R&B songs
- Robin Thicke - Lost Without U
- Musiq Soulchild - Buddy
- Mims - This Is Why I'm Hot
- You - Lloyd Featuring Lil Wayne
- I'm A Flirt - R. Kelly Or Bow Wow (Featuring T.I. & T-Pain)
- Omarion - Ice Box
- Poppin' - Chris Brown Featuring Jay Biz
- Last Night - Diddy Featuring Keyshia Cole
- Throw Some D's - Rich Boy Featuring Polow Da Don
- Go Getta - Young Jeezy Featuring R. Kelly
Top #10 Latin songs
- La Llave De Mi Corazon - Juan Luis Guerra 440
- Te Lo Agradezco, Pero No - Alejandro Sanz Featuring Shakira
- Tu Recuerdo - Ricky Martin Featuring La Mari De Chambao Y Tommy Torres
- Manda Una Senal - Mana
- Ese - Conjunto Primavera
- Sola - Hector "El Father"
- Igual Que Ayer - RKM & Ken-Y
- Un Idiota Como Yo - Duelo
- Amar Es Lo Que Quiero - David Bisbal
- Cada Vez Que Pienso En Ti - Los Creadorez del Pasito Duranguense de Alfredo Ramirez
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Timbaland featuring Nelly Furtado - Give It To Me
- Mark Ronson featuring Daniel Merriweather - Stop Me
- Avril Lavigne - Girlfriend
- (I'm Gonna Be) 500 Miles - The Proclaimers featuring Brian Potter & Andy Pipkin
- Beyonce & Shakira - Beautiful Liar
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Samuel Zell, who made billions in real estate, is seeing inefficient markets once again, this time in newspapers. [..]
Rather than browsing among the myriad channels, viewers tend to pick their own favorites and stick to them. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $74.43
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $105.08
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $67.20
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $40.19
- 1 CAD = 1.0464 CHF
- 1 AUD = 0.9841 CHF
- 1 AUD = 0.9402 CAD
- 1 GBP = 2.3934 CHF
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?