Tuesday 31 May 1938
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Peter Yarrow and Johnny Paycheck.
You and Me, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
while Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Spelling Bee.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 May 1938!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 31 May 1938 ?
- World No Tobacco Day.
- Syaday (Discordianism) (5th day of the season of Confusion, honors Apostle Sri Syadasti).
- Saint Gislemerio
- Saint Mechtilde of Diessen
- Saint Petronella.
- the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- The Godiva procession.
- IT Day.
- Peter Yarrow: American musician, guitarist and vocalist with the noted group "Peter, Paul and Mary" since 1961.
- Johnny Paycheck: American singer (d. 2003).
- Ron Laird: American track & field champion.
- Johnny PayCheck: American country singer known for being a hard-drinking hell-raiser whose big hit, selling two million copies, was "Take This Job and Shove It," 1977.
- Jean-Michel Vaccaro: French musicologist, an expert on the lute and author of the book "La musique de luth en France au XVIe siecle" (1981).
- John Prescott: Welsh sailor and politician Deputy Prime Minister of the United Kingdom.
- Peter Yarrow in New York City: New York, USA; musician (Peter, Paul and Mary - "Puff the Magic Dragon").
- Ruth Coker: American astrologer and co-author of a pamphlet on Quintiles.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?