Friday 26 October 1951
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Maggie Roche and Bootsy Collins in Cincinnati.
Detective Story, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Out There.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 October 1951!
Which were the important events of 26 October 1951 ?
- Nauru - Angam Day
- Austria - National Day: Anniversary of the Declaration of Neutrality (1955)
- Also see October 26 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Quadragesimus
- St. Rusticus
- St. Gibitrudis
- St. Fulk
- St. Eadfrid
- St. Demetrius (aka St. Dimitrios) of Thessaloniki
- St. Cuthbert
- St. Cedd
- St. Alfred the Great
- Roman festivals - first day of Ludi Victoriae Sullanae (until 1 November)
- R.C. Saints - October 26th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bean
- St. Evaristus
- St. Lucian
- St. Albinus
- St. Rogatian
- Maggie Roche: Rocker (Roches).
- Bootsy Collins in Cincinnati: Ohio, USA; rocker (Parliaments - "We Got the Funk").
- Patrice Carmouze: French journalist, television host and radio personality.
- Bootsy Collins: Funk musician, a bass virtuoso who has played with James Brown, George Clinton and Dee-Lite, as well with his own Rubber Band.
- Tommy Mars: American keyboard player Frank Zappa.
- Julian Schnabel: American painter director and screenwriter
- Emile Zatopek runs world record 30,000m, 25,000m and 15 miles
- Winston Churchill re-elected British Prime Minister
- Rocky Marciano defeats Joe Louis at Madison Square Garden, New York, USA.
- Winston Churchill is re-elected Prime Minister of the United Kingdom in a general election which sees the defeat of Clement Attlee's Labour government after six years in power.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 26 October 1951
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1951 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?