Wednesday 26 September 1951
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tom Quirke and Ronald De Feo.
Across the Wide Missouri, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while A Soldier'S Story by Omar Nelson Bradley was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Celanese Theatre.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 September 1951!
Which were the important events of 26 September 1951 ?
- Tom Quirke: Journalist.
- Ronald De Feo: American homicide.
- Ronald DeFeo: Jr.
- Tommy Taylor: English footballer and manager.
- Stuart Tosh: Scottish singer-songwriter and drummer (10cc and Pilot).
- Hans Cloos: German geologist and academic (d. 1951).
- Prof Youngblood demonstrates artificial heart in Paris
- September 28 ampndash A blue sun is seen over Europe: the effect is due to ash coming from the Canadian forest fires 4 months previously.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?