Wednesday 17 October 1951
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Luc Thierry and François Allot.
The History of Mr. Polly, directed by Anthony Pélissier, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Holy Sinner by Thomas Mann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Foreign Intrigue.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 October 1951!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 17 October 1951 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ignatius of Antioch; translation of Saint Audrey (�thelthryth); Saint Richard Gwyn
- United States - Black Poetry Day
- UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- French Republican Calendar - Aubergine (Eggplant) Day, twenty-sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Haiti - Jean-Jacques Dessalines (1806), State holiday
- Jean-Luc Thierry: French anti-nuclear and environmental activist, a conscientious objector who led the campaign "Superphénix and the bomb" in 1984.
- François Allot: French graphic designer, cartoonist, animator and production designer.
- Annie Borckink: Dutch speed skater.
- Roger Pontare: Swedish singer.
- Shari Ulrich: American-Canadian singer-songwriter and violinist (Hometown Band The Pied Pumkin and UHF).
- Egyptian army fires on British troops
- CBS' Eye logo premieres on TV.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?