Sunday 27 December 1936
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lee Salk and Jose Perez-Frances.
After the Thin Man, directed by W.S. Van Dyke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
while White Banners by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Composer at the Piano.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 December 1936!
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the important events of 27 December 1936 ?
- The second day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- A bank holiday in Britain and elsewhere if 25 December or 26 December falls in the weekend.
- R.C. Saints - John the Apostle and Evangelist
Famous Birthdays:27 December
- Hans von Seeckt: German general/advisor of Chiang Kai-shek, dies at age 70.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1936 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
- Jeanette MacDonald & Nelson Eddy - Indian Love Call
- Goodnight, My Love - Hal Kemp & His Orchestra
- T'aint Good (Like a Nickel Made of Wood) - Fats Waller
- Serenade in the Night - Mantovani & His Orchestra
- There's Something in the Air - Shep Fields & His Rippling Rhythm Orchestra
- The Night is Young and You're So Beautiful - George Hall & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?