Sunday 27 December 1936
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lee Salk and Jose Perez-Frances.
After the Thin Man, directed by W.S. Van Dyke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
On TV people were watching The Composer at the Piano.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 December 1936!
Which were the important events of 27 December 1936 ?
- The second day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- A bank holiday in Britain and elsewhere if 25 December or 26 December falls in the weekend.
- R.C. Saints - John the Apostle and Evangelist
Famous Birthdays:27 December
- Hans von Seeckt: German general/advisor of Chiang Kai-shek, dies at age 70.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 27 December 1936
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1936 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
- Goodnight, My Love - Hal Kemp & His Orchestra
- T'aint Good (Like a Nickel Made of Wood) - Fats Waller
- Serenade in the Night - Mantovani & His Orchestra
- There's Something in the Air - Shep Fields & His Rippling Rhythm Orchestra
- The Night is Young and You're So Beautiful - George Hall & His Orchestra
- Jeanette MacDonald & Nelson Eddy - Indian Love Call
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?