Tuesday 27 December 1938
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Rolf Wolfshohl and Rolf Wolfsohl.
The Dawn Patrol, directed by Edmund Goulding, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
while The Citadel by A. J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Down on the Farm.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 December 1938!
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the important events of 27 December 1938 ?
- The second day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- A bank holiday in Britain and elsewhere if 25 December or 26 December falls in the weekend.
- R.C. Saints - John the Apostle and Evangelist
- Rolf Wolfshohl
- Rolf Wolfsohl: German professional road bicycle racing and cyclo-cross racing cyclist.
- Stanislav Stanojevic: Serbian-French actor director and screenwriter.
- A massive avalanche of snow hits a construction worker dormitory site in Kurobe, Japan, killing 87.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?