Thursday 27 October 2011
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on October 27, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Someone Like You by Adele.
Will, directed by Ellen Perry, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while The Affair by Lee Child was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Man Up.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Big Huggin' or Bunch of Heroes.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 October 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 October 2011!
Which were the important events of 27 October 2011 ?
- St. Namatius
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines - Independence Day (from Britain, 1979)
- Turkmenistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- St. Desiderius
- R.C. saints - October 27th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Abraham the Poor
- St. Vincent, Sabina, & Christeta
- St. Capitolina
- St. Odhran
- St. Elesbaan
- St. Florentius
- St. Frumentius, the saint who introduced Christianity into Ethiopia.
- St. Gaudiosus
- St. Abban of Murnevin
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 27 October
- After an emergency meeting in Brussels, the European Union announced an agreement to tackle the European sovereign debt crisis which includes a writedown of 50% of Greek bonds, a recapitalisation of European banks and an increase of the bailout fund of the European Financial Stability Facility totaling to €1 trillion.ref name=BBCleaders
- Date selected by the UN as the symbolic date when global population reaches seven billion.
- UNESCO admitted Palestine as a member, following a vote in which 107 member states supported and 14 opposed.
- Aftermath of Libyan civil war:
- The United Nations Security Council confirms that the NATO-enforced no-fly zone over Libya will be terminated on October 31. (BBC)
- 18 people are killed and at least 36 wounded by twin bombings in the Iraqi capital Baghdad. (''Belfast Telegraph'')
- A bomb explodes in a food market in the Pakistani city of Peshawar, injuring at least 11 people. (''Washington Post'')
- Trading on the Australian Stock Exchange is suspended for four hours due to a technical fault. (''Herald-Sun'')
- The Bank of Korea reports that the South Korean economy grew at the slowest rate in three quarters. (Yonhap)
- Eurozone rescue deal:
- European Union leaders agree to a deal to reduce Greece's debts and provide an additional 100 billion euros for a bailout fund. (AP via ''USA Today'')
- 2011 Thailand floods:
- Tens of thousands of people attempt to flee the Thai capital Bangkok as floodwaters rise. (News Limited)
- The Governor of Bangkok, Sukhumphand Baripatra, urges people in the flood-threatened Sai Mai District to evacuate. (''Bangkok Post'')
- The death toll from the 2011 Van earthquake in Turkey reaches 523, with rain and snow making conditions worse for people left homeless by the earthquake. (AP via ''Seattle Post-Intelligencer'')
- Twelve thousand people are evacuated from the German city of Halle, following the discovery of an unexploded World War II-era bomb. (Big pond News)
- Scottish serial murderer Robert Black is convicted of the 1981 murder of Northern Irish schoolgirl Jennifer Cardy. (BBC)
- Elections in Ireland:
- Voters go to the polls to elect a successor to Mary McAleese in a presidential election. (''The New York Times'')
- Voters also go to the polls in two constitutional referendums on the Twenty-ninth Amendment and Thirtieth Amendment, with the Irish Council for Civil Liberties saying the information provided to voters in advance was ampquottardy and inadequateampquot. (''The Irish Times'')
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 27 October 2011
Serie AItalian Football
- Palermo - Lecce : 2 - 0
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Ath Bilbao - Ath Madrid : 3 - 0
- Espanol - Betis : 1 - 0
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Cartagena - La Coruna : 2 - 1
Futbol Ligi 1Football (Turkey)
- Besiktas - Fenerbahce : 2 - 2
- Genclerbirligi - Kayserispor : 1 - 0
- Manisaspor - Ankaragucu : 2 - 0
- Sivasspor - Mersin Idman Yurdu : 1 - 0
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- She Will - Lil Wayne Featuring Drake
- Headlines - Drake
- Ni**as in Paris - Jay Z Kanye West
- That Way - Wale Featuring Jeremih & Rick Ross
- Marvin & Chardonnay - Big Sean Featuring Kanye West & Roscoe Dash
- Wet The Bed - Chris Brown Featuring Ludacris
- Party - Beyonce Featuring Andre 3000
- Marvins Room - Drake
- Otis - Jay Z Kanye West Featuring Otis Redding
- Mrs. Right - Mindless Behavior Featuring Diggy
Top #10 Latin songs
- Promise - Romeo Santos Featuring Usher
- Give Me Everything - Pitbull Featuring Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer
- Taboo - Don Omar
- El Amor - Ricardo Arjona
- Rain Over Me - Pitbull Featuring Marc Anthony
- Olvidame - Julion Alvarez y Su Norteno Banda
- Party Rock Anthem - LMFAO Featuring Lauren Bennett & GoonRock
- El Mil Amores - Pesado
- Di Que Regresaras - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- Tu Olor - Wisin & Yandel
Top #10 Rock songs
- Walk - Foo Fighters
- The Adventures Of Rain Dance Maggie - Red Hot Chili Peppers
- The Sound Of Winter - Bush
- Foster The People - Pumped Up Kicks
- Tonight - Seether
- Not Again - Staind
- Paradise - Coldplay
- Make It Stop (September's Children) - Rise Against
- Bottoms Up - Nickelback
- Up All Night - Blink-182
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $41.96
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $100.07
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $77.87
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $26.48
- 1 CHF = 7.3907 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.4112 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.8664 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.811 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?