Thursday 27 September 1917
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on September 27, 1917). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include William T Orr and Louis Auchincloss.
The Man from Painted Post, directed by Joseph Henabery, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 September 1917
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 September 1917!
Which were the important events of 27 September 1917 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mashfyyat (Will) - First day of the eleventh month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- RC Saints - Saint Vincent de Paul
- Ethiopian Orthodox Church - Meskel
- Also see September 27 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Balsamine (Impatiens) Day, sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Belgium - French Community Day
- William T Orr: American television producer (d. 2002).
- Louis Auchincloss: Lawrence, New York -- Lawyer / Novelist (Watchfires).
- Carl Ballantine: American magician and entertainer (Born 1917).
- William Orr: American actor and producer (d. 2002).
- Edgar Degas: French artist, a painter and pastelist, sculptor and photographer.
- Broadhurst Theater opens at 235 W 44th St, New York City
- EHC soccer team forms in Hoensbroek Neth
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1917 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- You're a Grand Old Flag - Prince's Orchestra
- Over There - American Quartet
- Good-Bye Broadway, Hello France - American Quartet
- John McCormack - Keep the Home Fires Burning
- La Marseillaise - Frances Alda backed by The Metropolitan Opera Chorus