Sunday 30 September 1917
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on September 30, 1917). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Buddy Rich and Yuri "Petrovich" Lyubimov.
The Man from Painted Post, directed by Joseph Henabery, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 30 September 1917
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 September 1917!
Which were the important events of 30 September 1917 ?
- Spo TomT and Prfncipe - Agricultural Reform (Nationalization) Day
- September 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Translation Day
- Botswana - Independence Day (1966)
- RC Saints - Saint Jerome
- French Republican Calendar - Panais (Parsnip) Day, ninth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Buddy Rich: American jazz drummer/orchestra leader (Away We Go), dies at age 69 (born 1917).
- Chung Hee Park: General / President of South Korea (1961-79), assassinated.
- Yuri "Petrovich" Lyubimov: USSR -- Director (Taganka).
- Park Chunghee: President of South Korea (d. 1979).
- Yuri Lyubimov: Russian actor and director (d. 2014).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1917 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- You're a Grand Old Flag - Prince's Orchestra
- Over There - American Quartet
- Good-Bye Broadway, Hello France - American Quartet
- John McCormack - Keep the Home Fires Burning
- La Marseillaise - Frances Alda backed by The Metropolitan Opera Chorus