Monday 24 September 1917
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on September 24, 1917). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include William Putnam Bundy and Colin Cowe.
The Sultan's Wife, directed by Clarence G. Badger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 September 1917
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 September 1917!
Which were the important events of 24 September 1917 ?
- Colin Cowe: Senior bursar (Magdalen College Oxford).
- William Putnam Bundy: London, England -- Editor (Lvaggerier & Vagaries).
- Jean Hermil: French Roman Catholic bishop of Viviers, France.
- Georges Galzy: Montpellier Military man.
- Doud Eisenhower: American son of Dwight D. Eisenhower (d. 1921).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1917 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- You're a Grand Old Flag - Prince's Orchestra
- Over There - American Quartet
- American Quartet - Good-Bye Broadway, Hello France
- John McCormack - Keep the Home Fires Burning
- La Marseillaise - Frances Alda backed by The Metropolitan Opera Chorus