Tuesday 18 September 1917
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include June Foray and Gerrit Borgers.
Thirst, directed by Greg Kiefer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 September 1917
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 September 1917!
Which were the important events of 18 September 1917 ?
- Also see September 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Chile - Independence Day (first junta 1810)
- RC Saints - Feast day of St Joseph of Cupertino and Methodius of Olympus
- In ancient Greece, the fifth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries.
- June Foray: American voice actress.
- Alan Ande Anderson: Opera director.
- Gerrit Borgers: Literature.
- François Labouchère: French pilot of the Second World War.
- Phil Taylor: English footballer and manager (d. 2012).
- Francis Yockey: American lawyer and philosopher (d. 1960).
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Slippery Hank - Earl Fuller's Novelty Orchestra
- Indiana - Conway's Band
- For Your Country and My Country - Frances Alda