Tuesday 18 September 1917
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alan Ande Anderson and Gerrit Borgers.
Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm, directed by Marshall Neilan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
while The Red Planet by William J. Locke was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 September 1917!
Which were the important events of 18 September 1917 ?
- Also see September 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Chile - Independence Day (first junta 1810)
- RC Saints - Feast day of St Joseph of Cupertino and Methodius of Olympus
- In ancient Greece, the fifth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries.
- Alan Ande Anderson: Opera director.
- Gerrit Borgers: Literature.
- François Labouchère: French pilot of the Second World War.
- June Foray: American voice actress.
- Phil Taylor: English footballer and manager (d. 2012).
- Francis Yockey: American lawyer and philosopher (d. 1960)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1917 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Old Grey Mare - Prince's Orchestra
- Huckleberry Finn - Van & Schenck
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?