Thursday 20 September 1917
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 20, 1917). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Göran Gentele and Fernando Rey.
Thirst, directed by Greg Kiefer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 September 1917
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 September 1917!
Which were the important events of 20 September 1917 ?
- Göran Gentele: Swedish former actor and stage director, named as Director and General Manager of the Metropolitan Opera in July 1972.
- Fernando Rey: Spanish film, theatre, and TV actor, who worked in both Europe and the United States.
- Red Auerbach: American basketball coach and executive (Born 1917).
- Stanislas Mangin: Paris 16?me Military man.
- Arnold "Red" Auerbach: NBA coach / GM (Boston Celtic).
- Clarice Taylor: American actress (d. 2011).
- Don Starr: American-born actor (d. 2005).
- Fernando Rey [Arambillet]: La Coruna, Spain -- Actor (Matter of Time).
- Arnold Auerbach: American coach and GM of the Boston Celtics, a legendary figure who led the team to an unprecedented and unmatched 15 championships.
- Herbert Morris: Jamaican deserter in France, executed at 17.
- British assault on Polygon-forest, France
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Slippery Hank - Earl Fuller's Novelty Orchestra
- Indiana - Conway's Band
- For Your Country and My Country - Frances Alda