Thursday 20 September 1917
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Göran Gentele and Fernando Rey.
Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm, directed by Marshall Neilan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
while The Light in the Clearing by Irving Bacheller was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 September 1917!
Which were the important events of 20 September 1917 ?
- Göran Gentele: Swedish former actor and stage director, named as Director and General Manager of the Metropolitan Opera in July 1972.
- Fernando Rey: Spanish film, theatre, and TV actor, who worked in both Europe and the United States.
- Red Auerbach: American basketball coach and executive (Born 1917).
- Arnold Auerbach: American coach and GM of the Boston Celtics, a legendary figure who led the team to an unprecedented and unmatched 15 championships.
- Stanislas Mangin: Paris 16?me Military man.
- Don Starr: American-born actor (d. 2005).
- Clarice Taylor: American actress (d. 2011).
- Arnold "Red" Auerbach: NBA coach / GM (Boston Celtic).
- Fernando Rey [Arambillet]: La Coruna, Spain -- Actor (Matter of Time).
- Herbert Morris: Jamaican deserter in France, executed at 17.
- British assault on Polygon-forest, France
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1917 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Huckleberry Finn - Van & Schenck
- The Old Grey Mare - Prince's Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?