Monday 27 August 1917
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gianni Agus and Peanuts Lowrey.
Hilde Warren und der Tod, directed by Joe May, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
while Mr. Britling Sees It Through by H. G. Wells was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 August 1917!
Which were the important events of 27 August 1917 ?
- Moldova - Independence Day (from the USSR, 1991)
- Roman festivals - Volturnalia held in honor of Volturnus
- RC Saints - Saint Monica of Hippo
- Gianni Agus: Italian actor with a career in film, television, and theatre since 1938.
- Peanuts Lowrey: American baseball player coach and manager (d. 1986).
- Indians set club record by stealing eight bases in a game
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Havanola Fox-Trot - Joseph C. Smith's Orchestra
- All the World Will be Jealous of Me - Henry Burr
- Till the Clouds roll By - Prince's Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?