Friday 21 September 1917
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 21, 1917). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Red Auerbach and Clarice Taylor.
Thirst, directed by Greg Kiefer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 September 1917
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 September 1917!
Which were the important events of 21 September 1917 ?
- Mabon - Neopagan festival of Mabon
- International Day of Peace of the United Nations, as propagated by Peace One Day
- In ancient Greece, the eighth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the secret rites in the Telesterion finish and the feast, Pannychis, begins.
- Philippines - Thanksgiving Day
- Independence Day in Malta (1964), Belize (1981) & Armenia (1991)
- Also see September 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Matthew the Evangelist
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Slippery Hank - Earl Fuller's Novelty Orchestra
- Indiana - Conway's Band
- For Your Country and My Country - Frances Alda