Sunday 2 September 1917
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 2, 1917). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Laurindo Almeida and Great Fire of London.
Thirst, directed by Greg Kiefer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 September 1917
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 September 1917!
Which were the important events of 2 September 1917 ?
- Mauritius - Ganesh Chaturthi
- Also see September 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Sophia
- Sedan Day (Sedantag) - traditional national German holiday (see Sedan, France) that commemorates Prussia's victory over France in 1870, making the German Empire a reality.
- Transnistria - Independence day, note Transnistria is not an internationally recognized independent state
- Vietnam - National Day (independence from France, 1945)
- Laurindo Almeida: Brazilian guitarist, a great and individual virtuoso in the bossa nova and a great jazz guitarist.
- Great Fire of London
- Cleveland Amory: American writer, author of "Who Killed Society," and "Proper Bostonians.
- Deutsche Vaterlands Party forms (by Admiral Tirpitz)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1917 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- When the Sun Goes Down in Dixie (And the Moon Begins to Rise) - George Wilson & Lewis James
- There's a Long, Long Trail A-Winding - John McCormack