Friday 7 September 1917
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Leonard Cheshire and John Cornforth.
Ko yue no yami, directed by Kaichi Yamamoto, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
while Mr. Britling Sees It Through by H. G. Wells was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 September 1917!
Which were the important events of 7 September 1917 ?
- Also see September 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Brazil - Independence day (from Portugal, 1822)
- Mozambique - Victory Day
- RC Saints - Saint Regina; Saint Evurtius (Heortius), St. Cloud (Clodoald)
- Leonard Cheshire: English captain pilot and humanitarian (d. 1992).
- John Cornforth: Australian-English chemist and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2013).
- Jacob Lawrence: American painter and educator (d. 2000).
- Ewen Solon: New Zealand-English actor (d. 1985).
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1917 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- There's a Long, Long Trail A-Winding - John McCormack
- When the Sun Goes Down in Dixie (And the Moon Begins to Rise) - George Wilson & Lewis James
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?