Monday September 27, 2010
US date format: 9/27/2010, UK date format: 27/9/2010
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra (see birth chart on September 27, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was David Cameron (Conservative), Pope Benedict XVI was leading the Catholic Church.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Just The Way You Are by Bruno Mars.
An Invisible Sign, directed by Marilyn Agrelo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Wicked Appetite by Janet Evanovich was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Gigantic.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland or Doctor Who: Return to Earth.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of September 27, 2010?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mashfyyat (Will) - First day of the eleventh month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- RC Saints - Saint Vincent de Paul
- Ethiopian Orthodox Church - Meskel
- Also see September 27 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- See more
- A suspected U.S. drone fired missiles at a house in northwestern Pakistan in Khushali, a village near Mir Ali, killing four people. (Jakarta Post)
- Rwanda withdraws a threat to remove its peacekeepers from Darfur after a United Nations report accused the Rwandan army of genocide in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. (AFP) (BBC) (The East African)
- Around 70 insurgents are killed when two NATO helicopters strike inside Pakistan in its northwest Khost tribal area bordering Afghanistan. Pakistan strongly condemned the attack, calling it a violation of its airspace. (Yahoo! News) (Xinhua) (Reuters) (BBC)
- President of Colombia Juan Manuel Santos describes the killing of Mono Jojoy as the ampquotbeginning of the endampquot for the Farc organization. (AFP via ''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 27, 2010?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Chris Brown Featuring Tyga & Kevin McCall - Deuces
- Monica - Love All Over Me
- Trey Songz Featuring Nicki Minaj - Bottoms Up
- Usher - There Goes My Baby
- Drake Featuring T.I. & Swizz Beatz - Fancy
- Drake Featuring Lil Wayne - Miss Me
- Eminem Featuring Rihanna - Love The Way You Lie
- Jazmine Sullivan - Holding You Down (Goin In Circles)
- Alicia Keys - Un-Thinkable (I'm Ready)
- Fantasia - Bittersweet
Sport Games on September 27, 2010
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Fortuna Dusseldorf - Bochum : 0 - 1
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Malaga - Villarreal : 2 - 3
Division 2Football (France)
- Evian Thonon Gaillard - Boulogne : 0 - 0
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- York - Darlington : 0 - 0
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next September 27If September 27, 2010 is your birthday you're 9 years, 11 months, 26 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 5 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- After a Long Wait, a Critic of Citigroup Wins a Meeting With Top Executives Michael Mayo knows what tie he will be wearing to a meeting he has tried for nearly two years to arrange with Citi’s chief, Vikram Pandit. [..]
- A.I.A. Kicks Off Pre-Marketing for Mega I.P.O. The American International Group began pre-marketing for the initial public offering of its Asian life insurance business on Monday to gauge demand, and is expected to set a price range in coming weeks. [..]
- See all financial news of September 27, 2010
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $61.99
- Apple AAPL: opens at $293.98
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $24.84
- General Electric GE: opens at $16.65
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $133.51
- 1 USD = 84.28 JPY
- 1 USD = 1.03 CAD
- 1 USD = 0.9861 CHF
- 1 USD = 6.6921 CNY
- 1 EUR = 113.28 JPY