Saturday 4 May 1929
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 4, 1929). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Audrey Hepburn and Ronald Golias.
The Squall, directed by Alexander Korda, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 May 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 4 May 1929 ?
- Star Wars day, "May the 4th be with you" pun on "May the force be with you"
- Republic of China - Literary Day (???, commemorating May Fourth Movement).
- International Firefighters' Day.
- Saint Ladislaus of Gielnow
- People's Republic of China - Youth Day (???, commemorating May Fourth Movement).
- Blessed Catherine of Park
- Saint Judas Cyriacus
- Saint Florian
- Saint Godehard
- Saint Monica of Hippo (d. 387)
- Saint Ethelred
- Saint Silvianus
- Saint Titianus
- Saint Willerik
- Saint John Houghton, Saint Robert Lawrence, Saint Augustine Webster, Saint Richard Reynolds, and Saint John Hale; all put to death in 1535.
- Saint Malou
- The Netherlands - Remembrance of the Dead.
- Audrey Hepburn: Belgian actress and humanitarian who began as a ballet student and worked as a dancer, chorus girl and cabaret entertainer.
- Ronald Golias: Brazilian comedian on television.
- Paige Rense: American editor of Architectural Digest magazine.
- Sidney Lamb: American linguist.
- Manuel Contreras: Chilean general (d. 2015).
- Sydney Lamb: American linguist and academic.
- Henry Morton Dunham: Composer, dies at 75.
- Lou Gehrig hits three consecutive homeruns, New York Yankees 11, Detroit Tigers 9.