Saturday 4 May 1929
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Audrey Hepburn and Ronald Golias.
The Black Watch, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
while The Bishop Murder Case by S. S. Van Dine was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 4 May 1929 ?
- Star Wars day, "May the 4th be with you" pun on "May the force be with you"
- Republic of China - Literary Day (???, commemorating May Fourth Movement).
- International Firefighters' Day.
- Saint Ladislaus of Gielnow
- People's Republic of China - Youth Day (???, commemorating May Fourth Movement).
- Blessed Catherine of Park
- Saint Judas Cyriacus
- Saint Florian
- Saint Godehard
- Saint Monica of Hippo (d. 387)
- Saint Ethelred
- Saint Silvianus
- Saint Titianus
- Saint Willerik
- Saint John Houghton, Saint Robert Lawrence, Saint Augustine Webster, Saint Richard Reynolds, and Saint John Hale; all put to death in 1535.
- Saint Malou
- The Netherlands - Remembrance of the Dead.
- Audrey Hepburn: Belgian actress and humanitarian who began as a ballet student and worked as a dancer, chorus girl and cabaret entertainer.
- Ronald Golias: Brazilian comedian on television.
- Paige Rense: American editor of Architectural Digest magazine.
- Sidney Lamb: American linguist.
- Manuel Contreras: Chilean general (d. 2015).
- Sydney Lamb: American linguist and academic.
- Henry Morton Dunham: Composer, dies at 75.
- Lou Gehrig hits three consecutive homeruns, New York Yankees 11, Detroit Tigers 9.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?