Saturday 28 April 1956
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 28, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jimmy Barnes and Jeremy John Beadle.
In UK No Other Love by Ronnie Hilton was in the top 5 hits.
The Harder They Fall, directed by Mark Robson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Scrolls From The Dead Sea by Edmund Wilson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Scaramouche.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 April 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 April 1956!
Which were the important events of 28 April 1956 ?
- Arbor Day - legal state holiday in Nebraska, USA.
- National Heroes Day - public holiday in Barbados in honor of men and women who played a significant role in the island nation's history, such as Sir Garfield Sobers.
- Peter Chanel
- Louis Marie Grignon of Montfort
- Saints Vitalis and Valeria
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Theodora and Didymus
- World Day for Safety and Health at Work, which developed from the Canadian observance.
- National Day of Mourning in Canada to commemorate workers killed, injured, or suffering illness due to occupational hazards and accidents.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jam�l (Beauty) - First day of the third month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Roman Empire - first day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Jimmy Barnes: Scottish-Australian rock singer-songwriter whose career both as a solo performer and as the lead vocalist with the rock band Cold Chisel has made him one of the most popular and best-selling Australian music artists of all time.
- Jeremy John Beadle: Writer / broadcaster.
- Paul S Lockhart in Amarillo: Texas, USA; Major US Air Force/astronaut.
- Matthew Davis: American noted family, the son of actress Marilyn Maxwell and writer-producer Jerome Davis; his mom's third marriage (1954-60.
- Reds Frank Robinson hits his 1st of 586 HRs
- Last French troops leave Vietnam.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1956 ?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?