Tuesday 28 August 1973
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Matthew John Armstrong and DJ Assault.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Brother Louie by Stories.
In UK I'm The Leader Of The Gang (I Am) by Gary Glitter was in the top 5 hits.
The Bitter Tears of Petra von Kant, directed by Rainer Werner Fassbinder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while The Hollow Hills by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Lunar Lander or Gotcha.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 August 1973!
Which were the important events of 28 August 1973 ?
- Many Christian churches: feast day of Saint Augustine of Hippo.
- Hong Kong: Liberation Day (1945)
- Matthew John Armstrong: American actor.
- DJ Assault: American musician.
- J Richards: American actor director producer and screenwriter.
- Matthew Armstrong: American actor.
- Kirby Morrow: Canadian voice actor.
- Monster Mash goes gold
- Smoke on the Water by Deep Purple goes gold
- 6.8 quake centered in Oaxaca State in Mexico kills 527
- India and Pakistan sign POW accord
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Stories - Brother Louie
- Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On
- Helen Reddy - Delta Dawn
- Diana Ross - Touch Me In The Morning
- Wings - Live And Let Die
- Dawn - Say, Has Anybody Seen My Sweet Gypsy Rose
- Maureen McGovern - The Morning After
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Get Down
- Paul Simon - Loves Me Like A Rock
- Chicago - Feelin' Stronger Every Day
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?