Monday 13 August 1973
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Armon Williams and Sherman Williams.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Touch Me In The Morning by Diana Ross.
In UK I'm The Leader Of The Gang (I Am) by Gary Glitter was in the top 5 hits.
Enter the Dragon, directed by Robert Clouse, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Breakfast Of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Lunar Lander or Space Race.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 August 1973!
Which were the important events of 13 August 1973 ?
- International Lefthanders Day
- St. Wigbert
- RC saints - Pontianus and Hippolytus, Radegunde (help against the pox), Cassianus of Imola (patron of shorthand-writers)
- In Brasil, Friday 13 August (agosto) is considered to be especially filled with sorrow (desgosto)
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 6 saints: St. Hippolytus
- St. Cassian
- St. John Berchmans
- St. John Bosco
- St. Radegund
- Roman festivals - Vertumnalias in honor of Vertumnus, and also Diana, on the Aventine hill
- Armon Williams: Safety / linebacker (Tennessee Oilers).
- Sherman Williams: NFL running back (Dallas Cowboys).
- Brittany Andrews: American pornographic actress.
- Molly Henneberg: American journalist.
- Eric Medlen: American drag racer and rodeo star (d. 2007).
- Ben van Eysselsteijn: Dutch playwright (Arid Earth), dies at 75.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 13 August 1973
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Diana Ross - Touch Me In The Morning
- Wings - Live And Let Die
- Stories - Brother Louie
- Maureen McGovern - The Morning After
- Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On
- Jim Croce - Bad, Bad Leroy Brown
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Get Down
- Helen Reddy - Delta Dawn
- Charlie Daniels - Uneasy Rider
- Chicago - Feelin' Stronger Every Day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?