Sunday 19 August 1973
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Callum Blue and Carl Bulfin.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Touch Me In The Morning by Diana Ross.
In UK I'm The Leader Of The Gang (I Am) by Gary Glitter was in the top 5 hits.
Bang the Drum Slowly, directed by John Hancock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Breakfast Of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Race or Lemonade Stand.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 August 1973!
Which were the important events of 19 August 1973 ?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- National Aviation Day, USA
- Callum Blue: British actor.
- Carl Bulfin: New Zealand cricketer.
- Clayton Counts: American DJ and composer (Bull of Heaven).
- Mette-Marit : Crown Princess of Norway.
- Marco Materazzi: Italian footballer and manager.
- Kris Kristofferson weds Rita Coolidge
- Sandra Palmer wins LPGA St. Paul Golf Open
- Pirate World Music Radio (Holland) closes down after ten years.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 19 August 1973
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Diana Ross - Touch Me In The Morning
- Wings - Live And Let Die
- Stories - Brother Louie
- Maureen McGovern - The Morning After
- Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On
- Jim Croce - Bad, Bad Leroy Brown
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Get Down
- Helen Reddy - Delta Dawn
- Charlie Daniels - Uneasy Rider
- Chicago - Feelin' Stronger Every Day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?