Thursday August 02, 1973
US date format: 8/2/1973, UK date format: 2/8/1973
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on August 2, 1973). The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Edward Heath (Conservative), Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include George Zidek and Karina Habšudová.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to The Morning After by Maureen McGovern.
In UK I'm The Leader Of The Gang (I Am) by Gary Glitter was in the top 5 hits.
Jesus Christ Superstar, directed by Norman Jewison, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Der Bastian.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Lemonade Stand or Gotcha.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of August 02, 1973?
- St. Etheldritha/Alfrida
- St. Alphonsus Mary de Ligouri
- St. Stephen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 4 saints: St. Peter Julian Eymard
- See more
- George Brett gets his 1st hit
- A flash fire kills 51 at the Summerland amusement centre at Douglas, Isle of Man.
- Jean-Pierre Melville: French filmmaker.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 02, 1973?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Maureen McGovern - The Morning After
- Jim Croce - Bad, Bad Leroy Brown
- Wings - Live And Let Die
- Deep Purple - Smoke On The Water
- Carpenters - Yesterday Once More
- Seals and Crofts - Diamond Girl
- Diana Ross - Touch Me In The Morning
- Stories - Brother Louie
- Billy Preston - Will It Go Round In Circles
- Three Dog Night - Shambala
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Aretha Franklin - Angel
- Four Tops - Are You Man Enough
- Bobby Womack - Nobody Wants You When You're Down And Out
- Al Green - Here I Am Come & Take Me
- Diana Ross - Touch Me In The Morning
- Gladys Knight And The Pips - Where Peaceful Waters Flow
- Sly & The Family Stone - If You Want Me To Stay
- Johnnie Taylor - I Believe In You (You Believe In Me)
- The Manhattans - There's No Me Without You
- Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next August 02If August 02, 1973 is your birthday you're 47 years, 1 month, 29 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 10 months, 1 day.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on August 02, 1973?
On August 02, 1973 the day of the week was Thursday.
What zodiac sign is August 02, 1973?
On August 02, 1973 the zodiac sign was Leo.
Who was the US President on August 02, 1973?
On August 02, 1973 the US President was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on August 02, 1973?
On August 02, 1973 the UK Prime Minister was Edward Heath (Conservative).
Who was the Pope on August 02, 1973?
On August 02, 1973 Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people are born on August 02, 1973?
On August 02, 1973 several famous people were born including, George Zidek, Karina Habšudová, Baghdad (Iraq).
Which famous people died on August 02, 1973?
Famous people died on August 02, 1973 include, Jean-Pierre Melville.
What was the number one song in August 02, 1973?
The number one song in the week of August 02, 1973 was The Morning After by Maureen McGovern in US and I'm The Leader Of The Gang (I Am) by Gary Glitter in UK.
What were the top hits on August 02, 1973?
The top hits on August 02, 1973 were The Morning After by Maureen McGovern, Bad, Bad Leroy Brown by Jim Croce, Live And Let Die by Wings in US and I'm The Leader Of The Gang (I Am) by Gary Glitter, Yesterday Once More by The Carpenters, Welcome Home by Peters & Lee in UK.