Wednesday 29 August 1973
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Devin Wyman and Jermane Mayberry.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Brother Louie by Stories.
In UK I'm The Leader Of The Gang (I Am) by Gary Glitter was in the top 5 hits.
The Bitter Tears of Petra von Kant, directed by Rainer Werner Fassbinder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while The Matlock Paper by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Race or Space Race.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 August 1973!
Which were the important events of 29 August 1973 ?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Official Yakiniku Day in Japan as proclaimed by the All Japan Yakiniku Association.
- Devin Wyman: Defensive tackle (New England Patriots).
- Jermane Mayberry: Guard / tackle (Philadelphia Eagles).
- Joe Carollo: WLAF G (Frankfurt Galaxy).
- Leigh Sherer: Jasper, Alabama -- Miss America (Alabama-Top 10-1996).
- Olivier Jacque: French Grand Prix motorcycle road racer.
- Vincent Cavanagh: English singer and guitarist (Anathema)
- Adam Sessler: American television host and producer
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Stories - Brother Louie
- Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On
- Helen Reddy - Delta Dawn
- Diana Ross - Touch Me In The Morning
- Wings - Live And Let Die
- Dawn - Say, Has Anybody Seen My Sweet Gypsy Rose
- Maureen McGovern - The Morning After
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Get Down
- Paul Simon - Loves Me Like A Rock
- Chicago - Feelin' Stronger Every Day
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?