Friday 28 January 2011
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on January 28, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Hold It Against Me by Britney Spears.
A Little Bit of Heaven, directed by Nicole Kassell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Decoded by Jay-Z was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Green Hornet.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Call of Juarez: The Cartel or Crimzon Clover.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 January 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 January 2011!
Which were the important events of 28 January 2011 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Thomas Aquinas
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 28 January
- Hundreds of thousands of protesters filled up the Egyptian's streets in demonstrations referred to as ''Friday of Anger'' against the Mubarak regime.
- 2011 Egyptian protests:
- After the Egyptian government censorship of social media websites (such as Twitter, Facebook and Google), internet access and SMS networks are cut off in response to anti-government protests. (Al Jazeera)
- Fresh protests take place across the country. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
- Police target protesters in Cairo with tear gas and water cannon, while tear gas is used on protesters in Alexandria. (''The Guardian'')
- A protester is killed in Suez, while dozens of protesters are injured in Cairo. One protester happens to video-tape a man being shot by police. (AP)
- The Egyptian government announces a curfew for cities nationwide starting at 6 pm local time and running through to 7 am on Saturday. (Bikya Masr)
- Mubarak orders the army into the streets as buildings and police vehicles burn. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
- The army is reported to be out on the streets of Cairo protesters call for the support of the army in their battle against the Mubarak regime. (Al Jazeera)
- Mohamed ElBaradei, is held among the protesters, while journalists are beaten and arrested, including one BBC journalist and four French reporters. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
- Reuters reports at least 870 injuries in Cairo alone during the day, according to medical sources. (Al-Masry Al-Youm)
- At least eight deaths are reported. (''DAWN'')
- The same fire threatens the nearby world-famous Egyptian Museum, with concerns expressed for the safety of its contents. A powerful explosion is heard in the area. There are reports that protesters are trying to protect the museum. (''Milwaukee Journal Sentinel'')
- President Mubarak calls on the government to resign, but gives no indication that he will stand down. (''Washington Post'')
- International response to the 2011 Egyptian protests:
- International politicians, including William Hague and Hillary Rodham Clinton, speak out in support of the aims of the protesters and ask the Mubarak regime to listen to the people. (''The Wall Street Journal'')
- Vice President of the United States Joe Biden attracts criticism for his refusal to refer to Mubarak as a ampquotdictatorampquot, instead describing him as ampquotan ally of ours in a number of things and he's been very responsible on, relative to geopolitical interests in the region: Middle East peace efforts, the actions Egypt has taken relative to normalizing the relationship with Israelampquot. (''The Washington Post'')
- The protests leave Western governments which have supported the regime in an awkward position, both diplomatically and democratically. (Reuters)
- The latest U.S. diplomatic cables released by WikiLeaks indicate that police brutality in Egypt is ampquotroutine and pervasiveampquot and the use of torture so widespread that the Egyptian government has stopped denying it exists. (''The Guardian'')
- Demonstrations occur worldwide, with people expressing solidarity with the people of Egypt in international cities such as Istanbul, Tunis, Doha and London. (Al Jazeera)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 28 January 2011
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Waregem - Genk : 0 - 1
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Leverkusen - Hannover : 2 - 0
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Erzgebirge Aue - Osnabruck : 0 - 1
- Fortuna Dusseldorf - Frankfurt FSV : 6 - 0
- Oberhausen - Ingolstadt : 1 - 1
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Alcorcon - Albacete : 2 - 0
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Britney Spears - Hold It Against Me
- Bruno Mars - Grenade
- Katy Perry - Firework
- Rihanna - What's My Name?
- Wiz Khalifa - Black And Yellow
- Enrique Iglesias - Tonight (I'm Lovin' You)
- Ke$ha - We R Who We R
- P!nk - Raise Your Glass
- The Time (Dirty Bit) - The Black Eyed Peas
- Bruno Mars - Just The Way You Are
Top #10 R&B songs
- Can't Be Friends - Trey Songz
- What's My Name? - Rihanna Featuring Drake
- Aston Martin Music - Rick Ross Featuring Drake & Chrisette Michele
- No BS - Chris Brown
- No Hands - Waka Flocka Flame Featuring Roscoe Dash & Wale
- Keri Hilson - Pretty Girl Rock
- Fall For Your Type - Jamie Foxx Featuring Drake
- Lay It Down - Lloyd
- Make A Movie - Twista Featuring Chris Brown
- Wiz Khalifa - Black And Yellow
Top #10 Latin songs
- Danza Kuduro - Don Omar & Lucenzo
- Ni Lo Intentes - Julion Alvarez y Su Norteno Banda
- Loca - Shakira Featuring El Cata
- Bon, Bon - Pitbull
- Corazon Sin Cara - Prince Royce
- Nina De Mi Corazon - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Arrastrando Las Patas - Larry Hernandez
- Lo Mejor De Mi Vida Eres Tu - Ricky Martin Featuring Natalia Jimenez
- Me Encantaria - Fidel Rueda
- La Despedida - Daddy Yankee
Top #10 Rock songs
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Asian economic policy makers are entering 2011 facing major policy challenges, with rising prices for food and oil producing a resurgence of inflationary pressures, especially in China. [..]
Net income was $416 million, or 91 cents a share — up from $384 million, or 85 cents a share, a year earlier. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $38.72
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $95.46
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $82.87
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $46.66
- 1 CHF = 6.9903 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.5809 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9403 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.541 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?