Saturday 28 February 1925
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on February 28, 1925). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include James E. Burke and Harry H Corbett.
Lady of the Night, directed by Monta Bell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 February 1925
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 February 1925!
Which were the important events of 28 February 1925 ?
- Blessed Antonia of Florence (d. 1472)
- Saint Silvana
- Saint Rufinus
- Saint Oswald (d. 992)
- Saint Romanus (died 463)
- James E. Burke: Businessman.
- Harry H Corbett: Rangoon, Burma -- Actor (Steptoe & Son, Jabberwacky).
- Roger Papaz: French entrepreneur, the CEO of AGF from 1979 to 1990 and Chairman of the NSM bank's supervisory board from 1994.
- Harry Corbett: Burmese-English actor (d. 1982).
- Tea For Two by Marion Harris hit #1
- Congress authorizes a special handling stamp
- Longest win streak in Toronto Maple Leaf history (9 games)
- Theater Museum of Amsterdam forms
- US Congress authorizes a special handling stamp.
- The 1925 Charlevoix-Kamouraska earthquake strikes northeastern North America.
- İsmet İnönü is appointed as the prime minister in Turkey (Turkey's 4th and İnönü's 3rd government).
- The inauguration of Calvin Coolidge as President of the United States becomes the first to be broadcast on radio.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1925 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- My Best Girl - Nick Lucas
- All Alone - John McCormack
- Honest and Truly - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra
- Indian Love Call - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra