Sunday 28 February 1943US date format: 2/28/1943, UK date format: 28/2/1943
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on February 28, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Richard Kline and Barbara Acklin [Allen] in Chicago.
The Human Comedy, directed by Clarence Brown, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
On TV people were watching Chapionship Wrestling.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 February 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 February 1943!
Which were the important events of 28 February 1943 ?
- Blessed Antonia of Florence (d. 1472)
- Saint Silvana
- Saint Rufinus
- Saint Oswald (d. 992)
- Saint Romanus (died 463)
- Richard Kline: American Mensan and engineer for the City of Riverside on the planning commission.
- Barbara Acklin [Allen] in Chicago: Illinois, USA; R&B singer ("Love Makes a Woman").
- Hans F Dijkstal Dutch minister of the Interior (VVD: 1994-).
- Daniel Bardet: French writer of historical comics.
- Barbara Acklin: American singer and songwriter (Born 1943).
- Donny Iris: Singer.
- Hans Dijkstal: Egyptian-Dutch educator and politician Deputy Prime Minister of the Netherlands (d. 2010).
- Donnie Iris: American singer and guitarist (The Jaggerz and Wild Cherry).
- Ronnie Wells: American singer and educator (d. 2007).
- Charles Bernstein: American composer and educator.
- Porgy and Bess opens on Broadway with Anne Brown and Todd Duncan
- 63 U-boats (359,300 ton) sinks this month
- Operation Gunnerside: 6 Norwegians led by Joachim Ronneberg successfully attack the heavy water plant Vemork.