Friday 27 February 1925
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Hugh Leggatt and Richard AFM Auwerda.
Lady of the Night, directed by Monta Bell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
while Glorious Apollo by E. Barrington was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 27 February 1925 ?
- International Polar Bear Day.
- Saint Antigone
- Saint Leander
- First day of Maslenitsa in Russia (2006)
- Saint Honorine
- Dominican Republic - National Day.
- Bah�'f Faith - Day 2 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honour of the pagan war god Mars were held.
- Saint Gabriel of the Mother of Sorrows
- Hugh Leggatt: Art dealer.
- Richard AFM Auwerda: Dutch journalist / writer.
- Michael Kaye: director (City of London Festival).
- Samuel Dash: American attorney; served as Chief Counsel and Director for the Senate Select Committee on Watergate, 1973.
- Kenneth Koch: American writer, a poet and playwright, well known for his successful experiments teaching poetry writing in New York City's lower east side.
- Hardrock Gunter: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 2013)
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1925 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Me and the Boy Friend - Jane Green
- Hello, 'Tucky - Al Jolson
- Show Me the Way - Ted Lewis & His Band
- Gotta Getta Girl - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
- All Alone - John McCormack
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?