Thursday 28 January 2010
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on January 28, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to TiK ToK by Ke$ha.
Bloodworth, directed by Shane Dax Taylor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Drive by Daniel H. Pink was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Rosario Tijeras.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Castlevania Puzzle: Encore of the Night or CSI: Crime City.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 January 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 January 2010!
Which were the important events of 28 January 2010 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Thomas Aquinas
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 28 January
- Five murderers of President Sheikh Mujibur Rahman of Bangladesh: Lieutenant Colonel Syed Faruq Rahman, Lieutenant Colonel Sultan Shahriar Rashid Khan, Major AKM Mohiuddin Ahmed, Major Bazlul Huda and Lieutenant Colonel Mohiuddin Ahmed are hanged.
- The U.S. Senate votes to give Ben Bernanke a second term as chair of the Federal Reserve. (AP)
- Aftermath of the 2010 Haiti earthquake:
- The International Monetary Fund loans US$114 million to Haiti following the recent earthquake devastation, with the full amount due to be transferred by the end of the week. (''The Hindu'')
- Teenager Darlene Etienne is pulled alive from the rubble of Port-au-Prince ampquothappy but dehydratedampquot 16 days after being buried, having spent the time drinking Coca-Cola and water from a bath. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- French medics report that American medics' risky ampquotguillotine-amputationsampquot were made too fast, patients now risking necrosis, septicemia, and requesting later a 2nd amputation to better protect the patients. (''LeMonde'')
- North Korea:
- North Korean vessels fire again across the Northern Limit Line maritime boundary with South Korea. (''WSJ Europe'')
- An American man is detained after crossing into North Korea from China. (BBC)
- The death toll from yesterday's apartment collapse in Liège reaches nine as the search for bodies is temporarily suspended due to the danger caused by other falling buildings. (TVNZ)
- Three players are dismissed during the semi-final football match between rivals Algeria and Egypt in the 2010 Africa Cup of Nations, months following their previous meeting which led to international violence and diplomatic skirmishes. (''USA Today'')
- Colombia makes a formal diplomatic protest to Venezuela over the latter's alleged violation of Colombian airspace by a military helicopter. (Colombia Reports)
- Sudan's ruling National Congress Party endorses South Sudan President Salva Kiir in upcoming elections. (''Sudan Tribune'')
- Former French Prime Minister Dominique de Villepin is cleared of charges of complicity to false denunciation in the ''Clearstream'' affair. (France 24)
- Iran executes two opposition supporters for their role in the election protests in the country. (''WSJ'')
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in January 2010?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- It Kills Me - Melanie Fiona
- BedRock - Young Money Featuring Lloyd
- Say Aah - Trey Songz Featuring Fabolous
- I Invented Sex - Trey Songz Featuring Drake
- Ludacris - How Low
- Sade - Soldier Of Love
- Alicia Keys - Try Sleeping With A Broken Heart
- Money To Blow - Birdman Featuring Lil Wayne & Drake
- Mary J. Blige - I Am
- Snoop Dogg - I Wanna Rock
Top #10 Latin songs
- Dile Al Amor - Aventura
- Me Gusta Todo De Ti - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Hay Ojitos - Intocable
- Se Me Va La Voz - Alejandro Fernandez
- La Calabaza - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Did It Again (Lo Hecho Esta Hecho) - Shakira
- Te Ira Mejor Sin Mi - Joan Sebastian
- El Doctorado - Tony Dize
- Te Ves Fatal - El Trono de Mexico
- Estuve - Alejandro Fernandez
Top #10 Rock songs
- Break - Three Days Grace
- I Will Not Bow - Breaking Benjamin
- Muse - Uprising
- If You Only Knew - Shinedown
- Weezer - (If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To
- Kings And Queens - Thirty Seconds To Mars
- Your Decision - Alice In Chains
- Phoenix - 1901
- Savior - Rise Against
- Pearl Jam - Just Breathe
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
In its statement, the Fed said that economic activity had continued to strengthen and that the deterioration in the labor market was easing. [..]
Two scholars point out that newspapers have had help since Washington’s day, with paid ads from local governments and discounts on bulk mail. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $47.23
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $63.91
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $67.69
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $49.40
- 1 CHF = 6.4888 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.401 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9865 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.11 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?