Thursday 28 May 1914
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include W G G Duncan Smith and W G.
Iris, directed by Achille Consalvi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
while Pollyanna by Eleanor H. Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 May 1914!
Which were the important events of 28 May 1914 ?
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Germain of Paris
- Republic Day in Azerbaijan and Armenia (both 1918).
- Bernard of Menthon
- Augustine of Canterbury
- William of Gellone
- W G G Duncan Smith: British World War II pilot (d. 1996).
- W G: G Duncan-Smith fighter pilot.
- Marcelle Tassencourt: Neuilly sur Seine Actor.
- W Smith: English captain and pilot (d. 1996).
- Adolf Gustaw Sonnenfeld composer: dies at age 76.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- This is the Life - Peerless Quartet
- If I Had My Way - Peerless Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?