Friday 28 May 1926
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mogens Glistrup .
Hintertreppe, directed by Leopold Jessner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
while The Hounds of Spring by Sylvia Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 28 May 1926 ?
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Germain of Paris
- Republic Day in Azerbaijan and Armenia (both 1918).
- Bernard of Menthon
- Augustine of Canterbury
- William of Gellone
- Mogens Glistrup: Danish politician, lawyer, tax protestor and member of the Danish parliament (1973–1983 and 1987–1990) and founder of the Progress Party.
- US Customs Court created by Congress.
- Military coup by General Manuel Gomes da Costa in Portugal.
- 28th May 1926 coup d'etat: Ditadura Nacional is established in Portugal to suppress the unrest of the First Republic.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1926 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
- Drifting and Dreaming (Sweet Paradise) - George Olsen & His Orchestra
- Always - Henry Burr
- Always - Nick Lucas
- After I Say I'm Sorry - Abe Lyman & His California Orchestra
- Here in My Arms - Leo Reisman & His Orchestra
- Kentucky's Way Of Sayin' Good Morning - Brox Sisters
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?