Friday 28 May 1926
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on May 28, 1926). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mogens Glistrup .
The Boob, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 May 1926
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 May 1926!
Which were the important events of 28 May 1926 ?
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Germain of Paris
- Republic Day in Azerbaijan and Armenia (both 1918).
- Bernard of Menthon
- Augustine of Canterbury
- William of Gellone
- Mogens Glistrup: Danish politician, lawyer, tax protestor and member of the Danish parliament (1973–1983 and 1987–1990) and founder of the Progress Party.
- US Customs Court created by Congress.
- Military coup by General Manuel Gomes da Costa in Portugal.
- 28th May 1926 coup d'etat: Ditadura Nacional is established in Portugal to suppress the unrest of the First Republic.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1926 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Sweet and Low-Down - Harry Archer & His Orchestra
- Song of the Flame - Ipana Troubadors