Tuesday 28 April 1925
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 28, 1925). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Richard C Sarafian in New York City and T John Lesinski.
The Crackerjack, directed by Charles Hines, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 April 1925
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 April 1925!
Which were the important events of 28 April 1925 ?
- Arbor Day - legal state holiday in Nebraska, USA.
- National Heroes Day - public holiday in Barbados in honor of men and women who played a significant role in the island nation's history, such as Sir Garfield Sobers.
- Peter Chanel
- Louis Marie Grignon of Montfort
- Saints Vitalis and Valeria
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Theodora and Didymus
- World Day for Safety and Health at Work, which developed from the Canadian observance.
- National Day of Mourning in Canada to commemorate workers killed, injured, or suffering illness due to occupational hazards and accidents.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jam�l (Beauty) - First day of the third month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Roman Empire - first day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Richard C Sarafian in New York City: New York, USA; director/actor (Foley Square).
- T John Lesinski: Lieutenant Governor of Michigan.
- T Lesinski: American judge and politician 51st Lieutenant Governor of Michigan (d. 1996).
- John Thorn: English lieutenant author and academic.
- Louis F J Bouwmeester: Actor (Shakespeare).
- Kurd rebels surrender to Turkish army.
- Netherlands and Great Britain return to gold standard.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1925 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- When My Sugar Walks Down The Street - Gene Austin & Aileen Stanley
- The Fire Bird, Part 1 - Philadelphia Orchestra (Leopold Stokowski, Conductor)
- Oh! Lady Be Good - Carl Fenton & His Orchestra