Monday 28 May 1956
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Francis Joyon and Dominique Paillé.
In UK No Other Love by Ronnie Hilton was in the top 5 hits.
The Killing, directed by Stanley Kubrick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Profiles In Courage by John F. Kennedy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Rosemary Clooney Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 May 1956!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 28 May 1956 ?
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Germain of Paris
- Republic Day in Azerbaijan and Armenia (both 1918).
- Bernard of Menthon
- Augustine of Canterbury
- William of Gellone
- Francis Joyon: French professional sail boat racer and yachtsman, who holds the record for the fastest single-handed sailing circumnavigation.
- Dominique Paillé
- Khaled Mashal
- Markus Hottinger: Austrian racing driver (d. 1980).
- Paul Reed: American gay author who wrote the first novel about AIDS, “Facing It,” along with other fiction and nonfiction and sex stories under the pen name of Max Exander.
- Pamela Oconnell: TV Producer.
- Jerry Douglas: American guitarist and producer (The Country Gentlemen and Strength in Numbers).
- Markus Höttinger: Austrian race car driver (d. 1980).
- Michael Musyoki: Kenyan runner.
- Julie Peasgood: English actress.
- Peter Wilkinson: English admiral.
- Susie Diane Owens: Arkansas City, Kansas -- Playmate (March, 1988).
- Mark Alexander: Lees; rowing coach.
- Eisenhower signs farm bill allows government to store agricultural surplus
- US President Dwight Eisenhower signs farm bill allowing government to store agricultural surplus.
- Dale Long becomes first to hit homeruns in eight straight games.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?