Sunday 29 April 1979
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lee Dong-Gook and Matt Tong.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Heart Of Glass by Blondie.
In UK Bright Eyes by Art Garfunkel was in the top 5 hits.
Manhattan, directed by Woody Allen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while Hanta Yo by Ruth Beebe Hill was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Cities.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Sheriff or Trek-80.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 April 1979!
Which were the important events of 29 April 1979 ?
- Saint Robert Blessed Robrecht Gruuthuuse (d.1157)
- Saint Hugh of Cluny
- International Dance Day.
- Japan (public holiday since 1927, traditionally the start of the Golden Week holiday period.) The Emperor's Birthday (1927-1988. Holiday of Emperor Hirohito's birthday until his death in 1989).
- Greenery Day (1989-2006).
- Sh?wa Day (2007 - Day of Showa period, which is reigned by Emperor Hirohito)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Bah�'f Faith - The ninth day of the Festival of Ridv�n.
- Saint Catherine of Siena
- Saint Wilfred the Younger
- Saint Peter of Verona
- Lee Dong-Gook: Korean footballer.
- Matt Tong: British drummer (Bloc Party).
- Arissa Hill: American actress, she was a member of the cast of MTV’s "The Real World: Las Vegas" from February 2002 when she won the coveted role appearing in 22 episodes.
- Nihan Anaz: Turkish basketball player.
- Lee Dong-gook: South Korean footballer.
- Sam Jones: American actor
- Ashish Nehra: Indian cricketer
- Jo O'Meara: English singer-songwriter and actress (S Club and 2-4 Family)
- Ryan Sharp: Scottish race car driver and manager
- Jane Blalock wins LPGA Otey Crisman Golf Classic.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?