Thursday 29 July 2010
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on July 29, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Love The Way You Lie by Eminem.
The Other Guys, directed by Adam McKay, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Help by Kathryn Stockett was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Great Outdoors.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Clone Wars Adventures or Deadliest Warrior: The Game.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 July 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 July 2010!
Which were the important events of 29 July 2010 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 29 July
- Heavy monsoon rains begin to cause widespread flooding (pictured) in the Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province of Pakistan. Over 1,600 are killed, and more than one million are displaced by the floods.
- The SITE Institute, a terrorist-monitoring organisation, states that the al-Qaeda affiliated Islamic State of Iraq has claimed responsibility for a deadly attack on the offices of Al-Arabiya Television in Baghdad that killed four people and injured at least 10. (Middle East News)
- An investigation is launched into the unexplained damage suffered by the Japanese oil tanker M/V ''M. STAR'' in the Strait of Hormuz near Oman. (Aljazeera) amp!-- Why is this in Armed conflicts and attacks? --amp
- U.S. talk-show host Ellen DeGeneres announces that she is leaving the ''American Idol'' television show after one year as a judge. (People)
- The Reserve Bank of New Zealand lifts interest rates by 0.25 percentage points to three per cent. (''Wall Street Journal'')
- Metro Bank opens its first branch, in Holborn, London, the first wholly new high street bank in the United Kingdom for more than a century. (BBC)
- The Arab League endorses direct talks between the Palestinian Authority and Israel providing certain conditions are met. (''Jerusalem Post'')
- North Korean foreign minister Pak Ui-chun arrives in Burma in the first visit since the two countries restored ties in 2007, amid worries over nuclear cooperation. (BBC)
- The Mexican Army kills Sinaloa Cartel drug lord Ignacio Coronel Villarreal in Zapopan, Jalisco, during a raid. (AFP via Google News)
- Malawi adopts a new national flag, replacing the previous flag originally adopted in 1964. (The Nation)
- Greek police fire tear gas at demonstrating lorry drivers who were on strike in protest against new license charges. (''The Guardian'')
- People in the U.S. state of Arizona protest the introduction of state immigration laws with demonstrators being arrested outside the office of Maricopa County sheriff Joe Arpaio. (CNN)
- The United States House of Representatives Ethics Committee begins a public hearing into New York Democratic Congressman Charles B. Rangel. (CBS)
- Musician Wyclef Jean announces that he has taken formal steps towards running for President of Haiti in the 2010 general election but has not yet decided on a candidacy. (Reuters)
- UNESCO's World Heritage Committee removes Ecuador's Galápagos Islands from its list of endangered World Heritage Sites. (''New Zealand Herald'')
- Google claims that its Chinese Internet search and mobile search is blocked. (Reuters)
- Moscow records its hottest temperature in recorded history with a heatwave expected to result in its hottest month on record. (CNN)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Alicia Keys - Un-Thinkable (I'm Ready)
- There Goes My Baby - Usher
- Find Your Love - Drake
- OMG - Usher Featuring will.i.am
- Ride - Ciara Featuring Ludacris
- Lose My Mind - Young Jeezy Featuring Plies
- Sex Room - Ludacris Featuring Trey Songz
- Your Love - Nicki Minaj
- Pretty Boy Swag - Soulja Boy Tell'em
- Bittersweet - Fantasia
Top #10 Latin songs
- Cuando Me Enamoro - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Juan Luis Guerra
- Dime Que Me Quieres - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- No Puedo Volver - Intocable
- Al Menos - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- Nina Bonita - Chino & Nacho
- Waka Waka (This Time For Africa) - Shakira Featuring Freshlyground
- Yerbatero - Juanes
- Bachata En Fukuoka - Juan Luis Guerra 440
- Te Recordare - El Trono de Mexico
- Alejate De Mi - Camila
Top #10 Rock songs
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
The Swiss drug giant will give away up to 250,000 bottles of a liquid medicine to woo parents frustrated by the recall of liquid children’s Tylenol. [..]
The International Swaps and Derivatives Association wants to know the fallout on the derivatives and bond markets if a country were ejected from the euro zone, The Financial Times reported. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $34.24
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $75.27
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $71.48
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $47.61
- 1 CHF = 6.5084 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.5403 CNY
- 1 CAD = 1.0049 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.104 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?