Tuesday 29 March 2011
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Born This Way by Lady GaGa.
Insidious, directed by James Wan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Tick Tock by James Patterson and Michael Ledwidge was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Game Sack.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Canyon Shooter 2 or Pac-Man Battle Royale.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 March 2011!
Which were the important events of 29 March 2011 ?
- St. Bertold (d.1179)
- Blessed Hugo (d.1239)
- St. Ludolf of Ratzeburg (d.1250)
- St. Eustace
- Memorial day and commemoration of the 1947 revolt against French colonisation in Madagascar
- Youth Day in Taiwan
- Festival of Ishtar.
- St. Jonas (d. 327)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 29 March
- Angelo de Sousa: Portuguese painter and sculptor (Born 1938).
- Arab Spring:
- 2011 Syrian protests
- Bashar al-Assad, the Syrian president, accepts the resignation of the country's government, following two weeks of anti-government protests that have gripped Syria. However Muhammad Naji al-Otari, the resigning prime minister will continue to serve as caretaker Prime Minister. (SBS World News)
- 2011 Libyan civil war
- Sweden, a non-NATO member, adds eight JAS Gripen jetfighters to the international Libyan no-fly zone. (DU)
- Gaddafi forces push back rebels who were gathered east of Muammar Gaddafi's hometown of Sirte. (''Haaretz'')
- An international conference takes place in London, England, to discuss the military action and future of Libya. (BBC)
- Coalition forces bomb missile dumps in Tripoli. (CBS)
- 2011 Bahraini protests
- Bahrain's parliament accepts the resignations of 11 out of 18 Al-Wefaq MPs who stepped down on February 14, 2011 in protest at violence against pro-democracy demonstrators. (Bahrain News Agency)
- 2011 Omani protests
- Authorities in Oman arrest some protesters and clear blockades in the city of Sohar. (UPI)
- 2010-2011 Ivorian crisis:
- Fighters backing internationally recognised president Alassane Ouattara launch a ampquotgeneral offensiveampquot in the west, centre-west and east of Ivory Coast. (France 24)
- The President of the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, James Bullard, says that the continued purchase of U.S. Treasuries by the Federal Reserve is ampquotfeeding the fireampquot of inflation, and should be tapered off. (Reuters)
- GE Energy To Buy 90% Stake In Converteam For $3.2Billion (WSJ)
- Around 4,000 bodies of people who died in the 2011 Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami in Iwate Prefecture, Miyagi Prefecture and Fukushima Prefecture remain unidentified. (Kyodo)
- North Korea is reported to be on a state of high alert for radiation from the Fukushima I accidents. (''Sydney Telegraph'')
- Nine hospital patients in the US state of Alabama die after being treated with Intravenous therapy feeding bags with the manufacturer withdrawing the product. (AP via ''Montgomery Advertiser'')
- Local residents on Italy's southern islands protest over the arrival of more migrants from North Africa on boats. (AFP via Google News)
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2011 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 29 March 2011
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- Altrincham - Southport : 1 - 1
- Crawley Town - Mansfield : 2 - 0
- Grimsby - Darlington : 0 - 1
- Luton - Barrow : 0 - 0
Division 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Cowdenbeath - Falkirk : 0 - 0
- Ross County - Dunfermline : 0 - 1
- Stirling - Queen of Sth : 0 - 2
Division 2Football (United Kingdom)
- Brechin - Alloa : 3 - 2
- East Fife - Ayr : 3 - 2
- Forfar - Airdrie Utd : 1 - 2
- Livingston - Peterhead : 5 - 1
Division 3Football (United Kingdom)
- Annan Athletic - Clyde : 0 - 2
- Berwick - Stranraer : 3 - 3
- Queens Park - Montrose : 1 - 0
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?