Wednesday 29 September 1954
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Cindy Morgan [Cichorski] in Chicago and Stephen Platt.
In UK Three Coins In The Fountain by Frank Sinatra was in the top 5 hits.
Carmen Jones, directed by Otto Preminger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while A Philosophy For Our Time by Bernard M. Baruch was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching December Bride.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 September 1954!
Which were the important events of 29 September 1954 ?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- French Republican Calendar - Amarante (Amaranth) Day, eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Cindy Morgan [Cichorski] in Chicago: Illinois, USA; actress (Tron).
- Stephen Platt: Editor (New Statesman & Society).
- Uwe Jahn: German footballer and manager.
- Mark Mitchell: Australian actor.
- Mari Wilson: English singer.
- Barefoot Contessa starring Ava Gardner premieres at the Capitol
- Masquerade Party, TV game Show
- Star is Born starring Judy Garland and James Mason premieres
- Bennekom soccer team forms in Bennekom
- KALB TV channel 5 in Alexandria, LA (NBC / ABC) begins broadcasting
- The convention establishing CERN (the European Organization for Nuclear Research) is signed.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1954 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?