Thursday 29 September 1949
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Steve Busby and Tony Hoty.
The Heiress, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
while Cry, The Beloved Country by Alan Paton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Ed Wynn Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 September 1949!
Which were the important events of 29 September 1949 ?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- French Republican Calendar - Amarante (Amaranth) Day, eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Steve Busby: Footballer.
- Tony Hoty: Cleveland, Ohio -- Actor (Ransom, Paper).
- John Simenon: American film and TV producer, the son of Belgian writer Georges Simenon and his second wife Denyse Ouimet; they married in 1950 after Johnny's birth.
- George Dalaras: Greek singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Front Page, debuts on CBS-TV
- Inside USA With Chevrolet, debuts on CBS-TV
- George Lascelles marries Maria Stein
- The Communist Party of China writes the Common Programme for the future People's Republic of China.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1949 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Don't Cry, Joe (Let Her Go, Let Her Go, Let Her Go) - Gordon Jenkins & His Orchestra
- That Lucky Old Sun (Just Rolls Around Heaven All Day) - Vaughn Monroe & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?