Sunday 2 September 1928
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Horace Silver and Odessa (Ukraine).
Our Dancing Daughters, directed by Harry Beaumont, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
while The Greene Murder Case by S. S. Van Dine was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 September 1928!
Which were the important events of 2 September 1928 ?
- Mauritius - Ganesh Chaturthi
- Also see September 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Sophia
- Sedan Day (Sedantag) - traditional national German holiday (see Sedan, France) that commemorates Prussia's victory over France in 1870, making the German Empire a reality.
- Transnistria - Independence day, note Transnistria is not an internationally recognized independent state
- Vietnam - National Day (independence from France, 1945)
- Odessa (Ukraine)
- Horace Silver: American musician and composer.
- Miloslav Istvan: Composer.
- Peter Mansfield: Writer.
- Jim Jordan: actor (Fibber McGee), dies from a blod clot at age 91 (born 1896).
- Mel Stuart: American director and producer (d. 2012).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?