Monday 11 December 1911
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock and Jean Streiff.
Den store flyver, directed by Urban Gad, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
while The Broad Highway by Jeffrey Farnol was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 December 1911!
Which were the important events of 11 December 1911 ?
- USA - Admission day for Indiana (19th state, 1816)
- Burkina Faso - Republic Day (1958, Upper Volta became an autonomous republic in the French Community.)
- Argentina - Tango Day, Buenos Aires
- Also see December 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman festivals - One of the four Agonalia, this day in honour of Sol Indiges; also the Septimontium festival
- R.C. Saints - pope Damasus I: optional memorial; also Daniel the Stylite (not universal)
- Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock
- Jean Streiff: French Catholic clergyman, who was Bishop Emeritus of Nevers.
- Vincent Henry: Kemp poet.
- Clement Duhour: France sport Champion.
- Cl?ment Duhour: Anglet EXecutives.
- Val Guest: English-American director producer screenwriter and composer (d. 2006).
- Naguib Mahfouz: Egyptian author playwright and screenwriter Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2006).
- Qian Xuesen: Chinese aerodynamicist and academic (d. 2009).
- Nagib Machfus: Egyptian writer (Nobel Prize 1988).
- Thomas Ball US sculptor/painter/singer: dies at age 92.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1911 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Whistling Pete - Billy Golden
- Down by the Old Mill Stream - Harry Macdonough
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?