Monday 11 December 1911
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock and Jean Streiff.
Cinderella, directed by George Nichols, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 December 1911
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 December 1911!
Which were the important events of 11 December 1911 ?
- USA - Admission day for Indiana (19th state, 1816)
- Burkina Faso - Republic Day (1958, Upper Volta became an autonomous republic in the French Community.)
- Argentina - Tango Day, Buenos Aires
- Also see December 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman festivals - One of the four Agonalia, this day in honour of Sol Indiges; also the Septimontium festival
- R.C. Saints - pope Damasus I: optional memorial; also Daniel the Stylite (not universal)
- Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock
- Jean Streiff: French Catholic clergyman, who was Bishop Emeritus of Nevers.
- Clement Duhour: France sport Champion.
- Cl?ment Duhour: Anglet EXecutives.
- Nagib Machfus: Egyptian writer (Nobel Prize 1988).
- Naguib Mahfouz: Egyptian author playwright and screenwriter Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2006).
- Qian Xuesen: Chinese aerodynamicist and academic (d. 2009).
- Val Guest: English-American director producer screenwriter and composer (d. 2006).
- Vincent Henry: Kemp poet.
- Thomas Ball US sculptor/painter/singer: dies at age 92.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1911 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Down by the Old Mill Stream - Harry Macdonough
- Knock Wood - Ada Jones & Walter Van Brunt
- Joy to the World - Trinity Choir
- Oh, You Beautiful Doll - American Quartet