Saturday 24 February 1912
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Julius Kowalski and Esteban Sanlúcar.
La dame aux camélias, directed by Louis Mercanton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
while The Winning of Barbara Worth by Harold Bell Wright was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 February 1912!
Which were the important events of 24 February 1912 ?
- Independence Day in Estonia (1918; the Soviet period is considered illegal annexation).
- Flag Day in MTxico.
- St. Sergius
- Dragobete in Romania.
- St. Matthias
- St. Modest
- St. Edelbert
- Blessed Ameel of Ter Duinen
- Regifugium, in the Roman calendar.
- Julius Kowalski: composer.
- Esteban Sanlúcar: Spanish flamenco guitarist and composer.
- Jean Bouhier: France Writer.
- Jiří Trnka: Czech puppet maker animator and director (d. 1969).
- Italy makes a surprise attack on the Ottoman port of Beirut, when the cruiser ''Giuseppe Garibaldi'' and the gunboat ''Volturno'' bombard the harbour. The attack kills 97 sailors and civilians.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1912 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Gems from Naughty Marietta - Victor Light Opera Co.
- Ragtime Violin - American Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?