Saturday 30 May 1908US date format: 5/30/1908, UK date format: 30/5/1908
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on May 30, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mel Blanc and Hannes Alfven.
Gratitude, directed by Louie Schwartzberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 30 May 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 May 1908!
Which were the important events of 30 May 1908 ?
- Saint Reinhilde
- Peru ? National Potato Day .
- United States ? Memorial Day (originally ? currently last Monday in May).
- Saint Ferdinand III
- Saint Gabinus
- Saint Jeanne d'Arc
- Trinidad and Tobago ? Indian Arrival Day(National Holiday).
- Mel Blanc: American king of the voiceover and provider of voices for 3,000 cartoons with nearly 400 characters as well as a dazzling array of sound effects.
- Hannes Alfven: Swedish electrical engineer, plasma physicist and winner of the 1970 Nobel Prize in Physics for his work on magnetohydrodynamics (MHD).
- Louis Daquin: French film director, screenwriter, author, radical ideas concerning human & social problems made him outcast in france, married once, two children.
- Andre Cheuva: France sport Champion.
- Hannes Alfvén: Swedish physicist and engineer Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1995).
- Paris advocate E Archdeacon is first passenger in a airplane.
- Aldrich Vineland Currency Act forerunner to Federal Reserve System.
- 42nd Belmont Stakes: Joe Notter aboard Colin wins.
- US Assay Office in Salt Lake City, Utah authorized.
- The Emergency Currency Act authorizes $500, $1000, and $10000 national bank notes.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1908 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- The Vilia Song - Elise Stevenson
- Maxim's - Harry Macdonough
- The Rosary - Ernestine Schumann-Heink
- From Your Dear Heart to Mine - Frank Stanley
- Women - Peerless Quartet