Tuesday 30 April 1946
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 30, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden and Don Schollander.
A Night in Casablanca, directed by Archie Mayo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Hour Glass.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 30 April 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 April 1946!
Which were the important events of 30 April 1946 ?
- Sweden - Birthday of King Carl XVI Gustav, an official flag day.
- Mexico - Children's Day.
- The Netherlands - Queen's Day.
- Saint Pope Pius V
- LaVeyan Satanism - Walpurgisnacht, or Walpurgis Night, as noted in The Satanic Bible.
- Saint Eutropius
- Saint Maximus, 3rd century martyr
- Saint Marianus and James, martyrs in Numidia in 259
- Scandinavia - The arrival of spring, Walpurgis Night.
- Saint Joseph Benedict Cottolengo
- Roman Empire - third day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Blessed Hildegard
- Blessed Radolf of Affligem
- Blessed Rosemonde
- Vietnam - Liberation Day.
- Bealtaine Eve (From either Irish Bealtaine or Scottish Gaelic). Originally a Celtic Druid holiday.
- Saint Suitbert the Younger (d. 807)
- Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden
- Don Schollander: American Olympic champion swimmer, the first to win four Gold Medals.
- Xavier Fauche
- Michel Boyon: French official, specializing in the audiovisual sector.
- Carl XVI Gustaf : Swedish royalty, the king upon the death of his grandfather, Gustaf VI, assuming the throne on 9/15/1973.
- Donald Schollander: Charlotte sports Champions.
- Rodney Frelinghuysen: Politician.
- Carl XVI: Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden.
- Bill Plympton: American animator producer and screenwriter.
- Lee Bollinger: American lawyer, educator and president of Columbia University.
- Karl XVI Gustav F H: King of Sweden (1973- ).
- King Carl: XVI Gustaf of Sweden.
- Donald Schollander in Charlotte: North Carolina, USA; 100 metre/400 metre freestyle swimmer (Olympics-gold-1964).