Thursday 31 August 1989
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dezmon Briscoe .
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Cold Hearted by Paula Abdul.
In UK Swing The Mood by Jive Bunny & The Mastermixers was in the top 5 hits.
Little Monsters, directed by Richard Alan Greenberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while The Russia House by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bandit Kings of Ancient China or Al Unser Jr.'s Turbo Racing.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 August 1989!
Which were the important events of 31 August 1989 ?
- Trinidad and Tobago - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1962)
- Kyrgyzstan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Malaysia - Hari Merdeka, a National Day (independence within the Commonwealth, 1957)
- Moldova: Day of Our Language (Limba Noastra)
- Calendar of Saints - Saint Aidan of Lindisfarne, San Abbondio, Saint Raymond Nonnatus
- Dezmon Briscoe: American football player.
- Aeromexico DC-9 collides over LA, 82 die (15 on the ground)
- Arbitrator T Roberts orders owners to pay $105 million for collusion
- In the aftermath of the Chadian–Libyan conflict of 1978-87, representatives of Libya and Chad agreed to let the International Court of Justice determine ownership of the Aouzou Strip, which had been occupied by Libya since 1973.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 31 August 1989
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paula Abdul - Cold Hearted
- Richard Marx - Right Here Waiting
- New Kids On The Block - Hangin' Tough
- Gloria Estefan - Don't Wanna Lose You
- The Jeff Healey Band - Angel Eyes
- Warrant - Heaven
- Karyn White - Secret Rendezvous
- Surface - Shower Me With Your Love
- Don Henley - The End Of The Innocence
- Jody Watley - Friends
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?