Friday 31 March 1939
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on March 31, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Volker Schlöndorff and Israel Horovitz.
Double Deal, directed by Arthur Dreifuss, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Percy Ponsonby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 31 March 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 March 1939!
Which were the important events of 31 March 1939 ?
- Saint Cornelia
- CTsar Ch�vez Day - official holiday in five states and many cities across the U.S.
- Freedom Day in Malta.
- Saint Amos
- Saint Benjamin
- Blessed Hendrik Werner
- Saint Balbina of Rome
- New Jersey - Thomas Mundy Peterson Day.
- Volker Schlöndorff: German director and producer.
- Israel Horovitz: American playwright of more than 50 plays translated into over thirty languages.
- Zviad Gamsakhurdia: Georgian anthropologist and politician 1st President of Georgia (d. 1993).
- Volker Schlondorff: German film director.
- Karl-Heinz Schnellinger: German footballer.
- Britain and France agree to support Poland if invaded by Germany
- Neville Chamberlain gives a speech in the House of Commons offering the British quotguaranteequot of the independence of Poland.